Google Maps are used almost on all websites and help your visitors find you everywhere in the world.
After the last changes in the Google Maps updates, the developers require each google map used on the site to have its unique API added and be registered.
Due to the newest update in Google maps, some of the customers encounter the issue with google map displaying on the site.
If you press F12 button and check the console you may see the error as shown in the image below:
So, in order to avoid the issue with Google Map displaying, we recommend you to generate your own Google Map API key.
It can be easily generated following the official documentation or the following the steps below:
- Go to the Google API Console.
- Create or select a project.
- Click Continue to enable the API and any related services.
- On the Credentials page, get an API key (and set the API key restrictions).
Note: If you have an existing unrestricted API key, or a key with browser restrictions, you may use that key.
- To prevent quota theft, secure your API key following these best practices.
- (Optional) Enable billing. See Usage Limits for more information.
For more information on using the Google API Console, see API Console Help.
After the new Google Map API key is generated, please enter it to
Theme options General options Main settings Custom Google API key section and save theme options.
- Check the map displaying after this.
Regards, DFD Support Team